View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #44
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Tried 'day delivery'? You choose a day of the week and all your orders are aggregated and delivered on that day each week. Or maybe that's only available in the UK...?
I have not. We do have that option here but it seems like more often than not I'll have 5 or 6 items that I can manually bundle together in the checkout cart to deliver within a day or two via Prime, then one outlier that's not Prime and is going to take a week. Rather than hold it all up I'll arrange 90% of the order to arrive all on the same day and then let that one outlier come whenever it comes.

I just tried an Amazon locker for the first time. It was great. Had some supplements for my dog that were going to deliver while we were out of town for the weekend so I steered them to a locker that's at a store a block up the street from us. Walked up, scanned the barcode on my phone and "pop" the locker opens. Super easy. I dont see myself using that feature a lot while working from home but if/when I ever go back to being in the office full time I'll use to a lot. I used to have all Amazon deliveries sent to my office to avoid having them sit on my front porch while at work. Everyone else did too. It became a significant amount of work for our receptionist to deliver those personal packages around to everyone all day. I'd definitely switch to the locker pick up and just hit it on the way home, when the time comes.
Appreciate 0