View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Picked her up in fall of 2015. Bought it from the original owner, an older gentleman in Ontario. Was his nice weather car and always garaged. Under 50K Kms and in super clean condition. Flew in to Toronto, had a guy with a flatbed trailer pick me up at the airport, went and got the car, took it through US customs at Buffalo NY, did the paper work with armed guards watching. Got dropped off under a highway overpass in Buffalo at 10pm, from there I drove home to the Carolinas. Was so impressed with the car, everything functional and a better stereo than many newer BMWs.

How did u come across yours?

Random pic from the drive home:
Wow, that's got to be one of the wilder stories I've heard about picking up a car. I've always been curious about what it took to get a car across the border. Pretty brave to drive a new used BMW half way down the coast on top of that

Believe it or not, I found my car about 10 miles from my house. Back in the day, the E92 M3 was my only fun car and after taking it to the track, I wanted something a bit more budget friendly and a bit simpler. I saw the car FS in one of our local Euro FB groups, test drove it when I saw it in person at Cars and Coffee and the rest is history. Funnily enough, this car has never seen the track during my ownership. Was my daily for about 5 years, and now just another weekend/project car.

I never really grew up dreaming of the E36, was more of an E30 and E46 guy like most people. However, the price was just too good to say no, the simplicity as you mentioned was refreshing, and I've always been a huge fan of Techno Violet. I love the fact that it's such a back to basics driving experience, even compared to say an E46 M3.

Few more old shots of mine:

07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
IB M2777.50
Grzechos246.00