View Single Post
      05-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #14
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff080 View Post
Good evening everyone, I wanted to add this to the "my E46 story" thread but I am way too overjoyed right now to do that. Plus, I didn't want my excitement to get lost in translation.

Let me start by telling you all that my wife and I are long time BMW owners. We've owned a euro spec 316i, X3, multiple 328i's, multiple 335i's, and now currently own an F26 X4 and F30 328i. The first time I saw an M car was in 2006 while I was stationed in Germany. A friend of mine purchased a beautiful carbon black 2006 M3. I was completely captivated by that car. To me it looked way ahead of it's time and that feeling has stuck ever since. I had to have one.

Fast forward almost 14 years. I finally convinced my wife to consider buying an F80 M3. Having just had our first child we needed the 4 doors. Then, the E46 section of bimmerpost opened up. Me being me, I immediately went to the classified section and found an E46 that was calling my name. It had to be mine. So, after some heated discussion we decided to scrap the F80 conversation, keep our F30 and F26, and ultimately purchase the E46 as our "fun" car. Here is how it went...

I found the car earlier this month. I messaged the seller with an offer hoping it wasn't too low as I didn't want to insult him. Our original plan was to fly out to where the car was and then drive back here to good old Alamogordo New Mexico but, thanks Coronavirus. So, after some negotiation we came to a deal and agreed to have the car shipped to us. I've never purchased a car without seeing it but based on some research and talking with the seller, this car had to be mine. My wife was equally as stoked because her all time favorite car was her E46 330Ci.

Fast forward to today... she arrived.

We couldn't be happier. Just look at my smile haha. Huge shout out to the seller Ben C. The entire process was incredibly smooth and he is a great dude. Ben, if you ever find yourself in Alamogordo, so many beers on me. Cheers everyone. I look forward to posting more about our amazing E46 M3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff080 View Post
Good evening everyone, I wanted to add this to the "my E46 story" thread but I am way too overjoyed right now to do that. Plus, I didn't want my excitement to get lost in translation.

Let me start by telling you all that my wife and I are long time BMW owners. We've owned a euro spec 316i, X3, multiple 328i's, multiple 335i's, and now currently own an F26 X4 and F30 328i. The first time I saw an M car was in 2006 while I was stationed in Germany. A friend of mine purchased a beautiful carbon black 2006 M3. I was completely captivated by that car. To me it looked way ahead of it's time and that feeling has stuck ever since. I had to have one.

Fast forward almost 14 years. I finally convinced my wife to consider buying an F80 M3. Having just had our first child we needed the 4 doors. Then, the E46 section of bimmerpost opened up. Me being me, I immediately went to the classified section and found an E46 that was calling my name. It had to be mine. So, after some heated discussion we decided to scrap the F80 conversation, keep our F30 and F26, and ultimately purchase the E46 as our "fun" car. Here is how it went...

I found the car earlier this month. I messaged the seller with an offer hoping it wasn't too low as I didn't want to insult him. Our original plan was to fly out to where the car was and then drive back here to good old Alamogordo New Mexico but, thanks Coronavirus. So, after some negotiation we came to a deal and agreed to have the car shipped to us. I've never purchased a car without seeing it but based on some research and talking with the seller, this car had to be mine. My wife was equally as stoked because her all time favorite car was her E46 330Ci.

Fast forward to today... she arrived.

We couldn't be happier. Just look at my smile haha. Huge shout out to the seller Ben C. The entire process was incredibly smooth and he is a great dude. Ben, if you ever find yourself in Alamogordo, so many beers on me. Cheers everyone. I look forward to posting more about our amazing E46 M3!
Congrat! E46 is a special car. Enjoy
Appreciate 0