View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #31
PDM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i 6 Speed

Got an e39 M5 back in 2013 and daily drove it for about 2 years before unloading it due to unreliability issues despite putting loads of preventative maintenance into it (only car to EVER leave me on the side of the road - it happened multiple times in fact). I put so much money into that car and the new owner basically stole it for the price I sold it for, but it was just a relationship that just couldn't recover. Bought an e46 ZHP sedan (manual), but dumped it after 2 months as I couldn't live with the lack of power. Picked up a 2003.5 Silver Grey e46 M3 (manual) and had it for about 3 wonderful years and dumped tons of money into it in preventative maintenance as well. After 3 years, I just wanted something more "comfortable" and somehow ended up in a Gen 1 CTS-V - great car for what it is and loved the V8, but I missed the e46 M3 size and wanted adaptive dampers and all the new technological jazz.

So here I am today in a 240i slicktop manual that is comfortable when I want it to be, has loads of torque that I missed from both the e39 M5 and CTS-V, and is relatively the size of the e46 M3. For me it's the Goldilocks zone and I didn't even consider an M2 as I daily all of my cars and I know that is a better car, but for me personally is a little too rough.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0