02-02-2017, 12:15 PM   #30
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Unless Pagani manufacturers its own engine not outsourcing from a renowned German Manufacturer ,I never take them as a serious car manufacturer such as Lamborghini,Ferrari ,Porsche and other manufacturers . They're just fancy exotic cars with stealth high end composite materials .
My take on Pagani is like a watch producer, not manufacturer, who relies on ETA , Sellita Movements far away from in house movement to sell them public with high end prices
Thank you for the support. The watch analogy is a good one.

dgoldenz : a 'douchebag' who would use that $2 million for much more constructive and fulfilling vehicular acquisitions. Good enough?

tranquility : Right there with you (and thanks for the valid point callout). John Hennessey is a shyster of the highest order. Pagani isn't in that category. I simply don't subscribe to Horacio's attitude, megalomania (I wonder if any of you have heard the stories about how he treats his employees. I have, second hand, from Italian luxury merchants such as jewelers and metal fabricators.) and hyperelitism.

48Laws and NickyC : Believe what you want. I never said the cars weren't impressive in certain ways. I simply feel that Paganis exist solely to demonstrate the superiority of a holier-than-thou engineer who considers himself -- and all but presents himself as, publicly and privately -- the second coming of Leonardo da Vinci. I don't want to own anything made by a man like that.
Appreciate 0