Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregrobin View Post
Low carbs, high protein, lots of green leafy stuff, fruits and veggies, no processed food and exercise. It's really that simple. And cut out breads as much as you can. Try to eat more, smaller meals as well.

I had to change my diet last year due to some gut issues. I had a food intolerance to potatoes so I eliminated them from my diet. Also had to eliminate bread and most dairy. I lost almost 20lbs in 3 months without even trying. nor did I want to lose weight as I am thin already.

Fast forward one year, I am back to eating bread and dairy, gained all of it back.
Low carbs absolutely, but the unprocessed part is most important. Roller milled bleached wheat is basically snorting sugar thru your mouth, yams are fine. Leafy greens are good except spinach if you got kidney stones. You can get away with some bakery rye or sourdough once a week or so, if you're having sliced bagged sammich bread every day that's bad. You have to exercise but it doesn't have to be lifting or HIIT, just not sitting all day is good, keep moving.
More smaller meals is absolutely wrong for most ppl. If you were already thin them maybe not for you but for most ppl, yes absolutely it is wrong, you want to bring your insulin levels up as seldom as possible, and you only do that by not eating. That's the only way to get it under control so not be on that metabolic roller coaster. Much better to eat everything in a short window of one large or 2 small meals and give your insulin levels time to come down to a new lower baseline, that is what metabolic health improvement is, and it will never happen eating like a rabbit every 5 minutes.
Appreciate 5
shoei7779.00
KK22137.50
arkie6397.00