12-27-2021, 12:07 AM   #19
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I enjoyed Forza 4 quite a bit, along with my grandkids, so I decided to buy Forza 5. I made the purchase right after I upgraded my computer to an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core CPU and ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard. Forza 5 worked just fine.

Then I completed my planned computer upgrades with an ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT OC Edition graphics card and Forza 5 went bonkers. So, I installed the very latest video drivers from AMD and still no go. The latest drivers do allow the game to launch, but the stutters and maybe 5 FPS are completely unusable.

All of my other games including Microsoft FS 2020 run extremely well with 100 to 120+ frame rates, even with the details maxed out.

Weird.
I had to play around with refresh rate within the game when mine was having issues. I had to make sure the refresh rate matched the screen I was using. I wasn't getting bad stutter, but was getting bad flashing poor rendering. Might be something to look at?

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0