View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 07:35 AM   #58
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
Here is the thing. it's relatively easy to have great quality/reliability when your product cadence and innovation are slow - e.g. Toyota. it's much harder when you are innovating very fast - I think BMW has had the biggest changes in the product line up in the last 5 years than any other brand. the line up is nearly entirely new now. The fact that they did this while improving quality and reliability in the process is simply amazing.

And it's good to see the buying public is rewarding them with record sales.
my friend - people passionately defend the prior gen tacoma as being indestructible... well when you have an V6 engine with the power of a 4 cylinder and the efficiency of a V8, it's not particularly difficult to achieve such a feat after making the same engine for 20 years.

Now, Toyota's newer Tundra offerings have below average reliability because it's their first move into new turbo 6s in ages.... they won't be close to B58 reliability levels for years because they are so far behind in that type of motor... they also don't paid w the Zf8 tranny... which is now proven over and over.
baron951721.50