01-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #4
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep
Drives: '19 M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
Absolutely love the write up and thanks for taking your time guiding me there.

There are about 5-6 e46's for sale in toronto ranging from around 14k canadian (252k kilometers/150k miles) all the way up to 28k (74k kilometer/45k miles).

I feel the american market is overly expensive with cars in general so we are lucky here in canada.

All i ask for in a car at this point in my life is an awesome suspension/amazing steering feel and adequate power. If the e46 can get me this wether i have to go aftermarket suspensions or any other upgrades i would gladly do it.
Those prices are fantastic man, and yes, the US market is always over the top.

The E46 will give you the awesome suspension, even mine with 110k miles and probably shot bushings handles astonishing well. I'm refreshing all OEM bushings in the front, rear, subframe, and picked up some ST Suspension (same as KW, minus a galvanized coating and much less). I'm excited to see what this chassis can do with all new parts underneath.

The steering feel is night and day from our F82s, the most obvious being electronic steering. You can't exactly "feel" the road with the F82, even going over divots, pot holes, irregularities on the road, zero feedback sensation. The E46 M3 though, man, I can't explain it but I feel mechanically connected to the road. My inputs are more robust than the M4.

The power I think is the sweet spot for the E46 M3. My M4 is dangerously fast, I did give it about a 100hp bump, so my CS is probably around the 550-560hp range, but even at it's factory level, thing is ridiculous. I don't have the ability to wind out every gear because by the time I reach 3rd, I'm already blowing past 120 and need to slow down. The E46 M3, you can wind this car up, it lives in the mid-upper RPM range, it is NOT a torque monster at all. The M4 can drive amazingly at low RPMs because of all that torque, but the E46, you'll have a chance to get comfortable with 333HP and complete RPM band. It does feel quite quick in modern times to be honest and the noise that S54 makes makes me love drunk.

Hope you find one soon man, take your time, get a clean example and always ask about the "Big Three", when talking to owners. VANOS, SUBFRAME, and ROD BEARINGS.

Last edited by WestBankM4; 01-29-2021 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0