View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 07:07 AM   #166
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Yeah I didn't "hate" my Q50... there was plenty to like about it. The motor really was incredible and smooth. I just felt like it was held back by a few things (i.e. transmission, steer-by-wire, old tech). Still a good daily driver but I felt like I impulse bought it because I was getting bored of my IS350.

The only reason I didn't go with the 3rd generation IS to replace my 2IS was because I wanted an upgrade, and Lexus has been using literally the same motor with nearly identical specs for over a decade. Otherwise, it was bullet proof reliable and I love the characteristics of a NA motor, and I also happen to think Lexus makes really good looking cars. I didn't get rid of my 2IS because it was getting old.... at 145k miles when people rode in my car they thought I was driving a new car.... I got rid of it because after 8 years I just wanted something new. I will forever have a soft spot for Lexus.
I too had the 2IS. It was actually a way nicer car than the 3IS in my opinion. My 2IS had every damn option they put in those things. I do miss the ambient lighting. The 2IS if feel like was faster and more responsive. I have to put the current in sport+ to get the same feel. Same on the soft spot for Lexus. I'm considering getting the 500. At this point in life, it isn't about racecar, it's about dependability and getting where I need to be efficiently and quickly.

I do miss the interior of the 2IS. It just seemed classier. I feel like they tried to hard and not enough on the new interior. Those 2IS seats compared to the 3IS versions were night and day, the 2's felt like recliners.
Appreciate 1
wtwo318026.50