View Single Post
      09-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #18
NachoM
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou View Post
It's the same concept as your home furnace filter. The "cheap" ones that let all the deadly spores through have less surface area and "bigger" holes which BTW let the air flow better and is less stressful to the motor. As the filter gets dirty the "filtering" improves until the point where the filter is clogged.

The post above talks about some of this and remember race team need sponsors. The also take apart their engines and magnafluxed (sp?) them after each race, well at least PTG did or said they did.

See if you can find Jim's original post about filters.
Thanks for the link...read it, also the K&N reply...

Again...K&N or BMC (or similar) report how they filter. tests they do...and how they do. You can believe it or not.
I have never seen any official statement of any paper OEM filter making clear their properties, or restuls in ISO tests.

Why then do I need to believe an PEM paper filter is better or more protective??
Yo don't know...

In any case none of my cars ever had an issue or had to clean the MAF sensors, after hundreds of thousands of kms...and Ive been on these kind of high flow oiled filters for many years. They work for me, in the area I live.