View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #132
super51fan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The Supra is a head turner as all the reviewers comment about the attention it receives and the Z looks fairly vanilla from the renders. If it comes down to appearance I think the Z will come out on the losing end for most.
No doubt it is a head turner, it looks incredibly bold and aggressive is undoubtedly a sports car. It is near impossible for a car with those proportions, long hood, short deck, low, and wide, to not turn heads. These proportions are what make seeing it in person look so much better.

But with that being said, the car lacks any sort of design cohesion. There is not a single line (using the artistic definition of the movement of your eye though an object and not a stylized line) that flows from the front to the back of the car. As your eye moves across the body it is constantly broken up by stylized lines and strange lumps. This is the polar opposite of timeless design and will not age well.

Vanilla is not a bad thing with the correct proportions, and I would argue simple design and aggressive shape is a good thing. A good example of this is the pre-facelift AMG GT since it is one of the few other cars remaining with such proportions. Even though the design elements are vanilla, the aggressive shape creates a car that looks great despite this and will continue to look great for a long time.
Appreciate 1
ntg442891.50