View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #18
Jenius
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
I haven't had a manual since I owned a 2008 RS4 Avant, which was three years ago. Because I will be tracking my car as well I just feel that a DCT would be better for me, i.e. allowing me to concentrate more on the lines as opposed to having to change gears via a manual box. Using the paddle shifters is simply more appealing.

Hopefully it won't drive up the insurance much, but I think it's still worth letting the insurance companies know. You know what they are like with these things. Your car could get stolen and it might not be anything to do with the keyless entry, but they might use a loophole to get out of paying. Currently I am getting prices on Cat 5 trackers as I was able to get serious reductions in insurance quotes by stating I would have one of these installed. Looking at one of these:

https://www.cbscentres.co.uk/security/s5-vts-plus/
I really love the 6MT on Porsches. I probably would have gotten a Cayman T or Cayman GTS if I didn't need those rear seats.

That's very true indeed about how insurance companies can put the blame back to me when the worst happen... How much of a reduction did you get with the tracker?
Appreciate 0