09-09-2023, 06:27 PM   #50
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebis View Post
I had a 2015 Macan S, I enjoyed it while it was in warranty and sold it in 2018 as soon as the warranty ran out. My gripes:

- Very small interior and back seat in particular.
- Way too many issues during the warranty, minor to annoying stuff and I got to know the service guys too damn well.
- Very very expensive to maintain, paying 911 prices for regular maintenance work while driving a CUV is not worth it.
- Not as agile as I would have liked, I bought is as a compromise while our boy was a baby but in hindsight should have done something else.

So I replaced the Macan S with with an F-150 for hauling stuff and a GTI for spirited driving and errants. I did not miss the Macan S one bit but can't wait to get my 2024 M2 with MT

P.S. Zero warranty or any issues with the F-150 after 6 years. The GTI had one minor rattle when new and no other issues in 5 years of ownership. By comparison, the Macan S was a lemon.

P.P.S. The rear camera was so bad that Porsche NA decided to refund $1,200 just to get me to shut up about it. They also gave me about $1,000 in service vouchers to compensate for my trouble but I swear not to get another Porsche unless it has 911 on the badge.
That's a very realistic take.

My dad has a '19 Macan S and I agree it feels somewhat compromised and is still ridiculously expensive to maintain. It's been quite reliable but again it's a '19 not an early model like yours was. It's fantastic to drive for an SUV, but for those of us who push to the limits the understeer/lack of RWD rotation is a tad disappointing.

It would easily be my choice for a family car when I have a wife and kids. But for my personal driver, nothing can replace the feeling of a light, compact, sports car/sport sedan.
Appreciate 1
chassis6643.50