View Single Post
      12-22-2023, 12:06 PM   #36
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I have it and if you don't have any traditional option, I think it's the best you can get when you compare against other satellite providers. I have had it a year now using the roam package. Although it's $150 a month, I only pay when I turn it on. I have had a few regular ISP outages this year, somewhat uncharacteristic, and used StarLink so I could keep working at home vs returning to the office in those situations. It has been great for home and work use and has only gotten better over time with latency dropping from 40ms to more like 20ms along with about 250mbps download and 30mbps upload IIRC.

I am considering switching to the new dish when it's offered because I am a nerd and asked if they have any trade in/up programs but they don't. So I'll probably try to sell it after I get the new kit.

I forgot to mention that I also wired everything so that I can do failover going forward, I just don't keep the dish outside all the time. You could also do dual ISP if your router supports it and doesn't provide you with a big enough pipe.
Appreciate 1