View Single Post
      08-14-2023, 03:53 PM   #91
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
part of the problem is the propaganda that everyone was fed that they absolutely needed to go to college to have a job no matter what... so everyone is just supposed to get in debt to have a job they can't pay this off with?
That's because there was a time when it was true, but that time has long passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
That college is the ONLY option is indeed propaganda. It's also not a guarantee for success.
Yes, and yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The problem then becomes that young adults these days now think that not going to college is an easier path to success because they save time and money. In most cases, it's not. Those who did not go to college and are successful most likely put in a lot of hard work, were focused and goal oriented to an extent, or was at the right place at the right time and had the initiative to take advantage of it.

Many of these young adults entering the workforce post High School don't share those characteristics, yet are surprised when they don't get the same results.

However, I do agree, college is way to expensive now. Shit, even high school is too expensive now. My HS alma mater, which was a private school, is $20k a year now. $80k to graduate High School. That's more than my college cost at the time.
Amen. I think it's our age that puts us in this category of understanding. I feel sorry for the kids growing up in this age, it takes willpower not forged by fire.
Appreciate 1
jmg18788.00