Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I am politically agnostic and pro vaccine, I am a pragmatist. Charging is a monumental issue, it cannot be done in 13 yrs, it is impossible.
I rented up until 6 months ago. My main fear is (like everyone who previously commented) how renters and high-rise tenants will charge.

But to say 13 years is impossible is quite puzzling to me. I've seen an absolutely insane level of infrastructure set up in 2-3 years.

> A few of the lots at my workplace have chargers
> Every row at two of my local malls have two chargers
> I pass Hydrogen and EV Supercharge stations all the time.
> I drive from SoCal to Salt Lake, Utah and can point out each and every stop I'd need to stop to charge at.

We can all agree that stopping 3x on a 12 hour drive to charge for 45 minutes sucks vs a gasoline fill-up. I concur on us needing a quantum leap in battery tech to make it affordable (hoping the $25-35k range). I agree that we're burning coal to power the EVs and make the batteries.

But I definitely don't think that generation infrastructure (nuclear, turbines, photovoltaic) and charging infrastructure are the limiters in 13 year's time. Cash is king and with enough money, we'll be done way before then.
M4Tejas797.00