View Single Post
      01-15-2023, 02:48 PM   #82
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Good question. In my opinion, the Golf is a better appointed (less cheap) car, and better looking.

Not as subjective, the Golf is much more equipped (if the Corolla had the same equipment it’d be much more expensive), and runs a 4 cylinder 2 litre as opposed to a fragile and untrustworthy 3 cylinder pushing similar numbers. Longevity is unquestionably dubious with the Corolla.

I get that folks my have issues with VW or another thing (looks for example) and decide on the Corolla. Also perhaps because it’ll be rarer. But those are emotional reasons (which drive many sales). Objectively you can’t make much of an argument for a Corolla… the price is the sticking point. It should be 5-10k cheaper and then we’d be talking. But no, it’s the same (or in the case of US dealers, higher with markups).
All good points, but it's the subjective/opinion based reasoning why people buy all sorts of cars over an objectively better car. We would all be driving only a handful of cars if purchasing decisions were based on objectivity.
________4160.00