View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #72
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

This is my 3rd time leasing and my first BMW lease. The prior 2 times I did high mileage leases and at the end of 3 years was happy I could walk away. I work out of my car each day so even though I took great care they were well used & the streets around here gave them a good beating.

It took me a while to make a decision on the BMW lease. Did I want to buy a car we could use on the weekends & then drive a beater for work? I started driving the beater because I had to turn my lease in and it's not all that bad. Red Rover has its issues (weird electrical annoyances, etc). I finally decided on leasing the X5. I really wasn't sure if I would enjoy the BMW but I am so far. If I continue to have a beater car for work then that may influence me to buy next time as I'm not putting on as many miles.

I get a very nice car allowance for work & the way I look at it is I get to drive a very nice vehicle. If one day in the next 2.5 years that changes, then I can walk away & decide if I love it enough to pay out of my own pocket. I agree with what someone said above. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. While I'm wise with my money, I'm not going to not enjoy life.
Appreciate 0