Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Harnesses are Profi 3x2s. I like the 3" shoulder straps to minimize stretching over the distance I'm running them, if they should need to really be used (crash).

Sub straps are mounted under the seats using the BK R-9228/R-9229 sub strap mounts. When not in use, I tuck them under the cushion, out of sight-- but leave them installed.

I have (manual) sedan sliders in my car. This means they have an outboard lap belt mount point built into them from the factory. I make this into a clip in point using the clip in point in the BK R-9225.

For my inboard lap belt mounts I have harness attached to the factory 3 point receiver using the Schroth quick fit part built for this purpose. This has a number of benefits:
1) no seat belt light
2) lap belt pretensioner remains functional in a crash
3) quickly installs/removes if I need to, say, get gas mid day.

Lastly, my shoulder harnesses clip into the rear deck shoulder harness mount points created by the BK R-1246. In this picture, only the drivers side harnesses are installed-- so you can see the ring where one of the passenger harnesses would clip in if I had them installed:

In total, it takes me ~3 minutes to install or remove my harnesses per seat. Between events, the back seat remains 100% functional and I can use the factory 3 point belt as if I had a stock seat. There's also no danger in street (helmetless) driving like with a roll bar.

I completely understand that this setup is not as safe on track as a fully caged/fire suppressed/etc car, but it's significantly more safe than a stock, 3 point car. It also means I never think about holding myself in place, at all, while driving on track.

My goal was to make it as safe as possible on the track without compromising the safety or practicality on the street. I think this is about the ideal setup for that goal.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 1