View Single Post
      09-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #274
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

Recent updates.

Beginning of September I arranged for those who wanted to get into the capitol air show and showcase their car. After the show ended we could go and get images with the planes. While at the show I noticed I had smoke coming from around the secondary air pump. As I just got the car back this was a HELL NO! More in a minute after images.

Took the car back to the shop and found out the smoke was caused by a missing gasket on the head that was dripping oil. Fixed the seal and at the same time my SMG position sensor and DSC sensors both went out. UG, when it rains it poors. Got those both fixed and then a bank 1 o2 went out. Serious, got to love modding.

After all that the latest issues now are airbag light which i have to trace down to see which one is mad, and the rear o2 went out. Even with the 02 issue and airbag lights the car was ready to go on the Mammoth / Yosemite trip I had planned for the month.

This weekend was about 600 miles of fun roads and sigh seeing. The drive sections were a lot of the road I lead people on for Lake Tahoe. All I can say is WOW this car is amazing. Now keep in mind I have yet to put a tune on the car and all I have is stock CSL everything.

Turn after turn all I could do was smile as the car just flew across the road. I have always loved this car but after this trip I could not stop thinking about when I could do a drive again. For fun one of the friend on the trip had is fully option and lighted (less super charger) Dinan E39 M5 do a little head to head race. We did a 4th gear pull and we were dead even till he had to shift. After that I was still going and then kept going. Now if I had a tune I might have been able to pull a little.

Now the next steps are to clear all the little faults and do all the finishing touches. This trip also made me fall out of love in doing the GTR project. I already post about this in the thread.

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Appreciate 0