View Single Post
      08-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #273
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

CSL Valves:

As we all know the CSL had different exhaust valves. What I have noticed after putting on about 280 miles is the car has a deeper idle note. As mentioned in m build thread, almost has a V8 tone to the exhaust now. This of course could all be in my head but that is what it sounds like. As for performance I could not tell you a difference as the car goes like a scolded cat. On the drive the car pulled hard out of the corners and was not lacking in power. One of the cars behind me was a 1M and I could keep a good lead on him out of the corners.

Conclusion: increase in power is unknown but the sound note has a definite change.

CSL King Pins (Front Spindles)

As I am not sure what the major differences are between the CSL and non CSL kingpins are I can’t comment how the setup changed. What I can say is the feel and track of the car through the corners is definitely sharper. I will do my best to explain.

Track: This might be all mental / subjective but the front of the car feels wider. By this I mean you can feel the front wheels through the steering wheel as if you have a wider track. On the very tight section I could feel where the edge of the wheel was and know that it would GRIP where I put it. I should note by wider we may be talking MM but if MM is all is needed than dang.

DSC was not upset at all with the change. Even though I have the older DSC and CSL steering rack, DSC was not any more invasive as it normally is.

Conclusion: car has more feel on what the front wheels are doing and front grip seems to have increased slightly. I will note this could be all perception but the change was worth it from what I can tell.

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Appreciate 0