View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 09:33 AM   #22
Condorll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noemon View Post
The Macan is the superior car in driving dynamics. It drives better than than the X3 and better in fact than any other SUV out there, perhaps except the Urus and such.

It costs at least 10k more used for same miles and year for this in the UK. It is probably the least depreciating car model in the UK. 2014 Macans are still trading for 30k, when the M3's and M5's of the same year have dropped below 20k.

I was in the same dillema for my wife and eventually bought a Range Rover Evoque which I hated, so I sold it 3 days later and got her a Cayenne instead.

I could not justify the Macan price premium, used, its more expensive than a like-for-like Cayenne in the UK with even more extras. It's a bit mad.

If money's not an issue, the Macan is really the only option, especially since you got the X5 already. Macan and X5 make more sence than X5 and X3.

My 2 cents.
When my wife found out the 4cyl engine in the Macan was a VW engine she said no way she will drive it, the X3 is her choice now. Hopefully I can get her to agree to a X3 40i instead of the 30i so I can have some fun with it too!
Appreciate 2