View Single Post
      01-08-2023, 11:18 PM   #92
Maxx Power
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530d g30

I've had this argument (about safety) with a lot of my friends who have bought big SUV's and 4x4 trucks.

The argument usually goes: "if I was in a head-on between a truck and a small car, I know which one I would rather be driving".

However, what people tend to ignore is that statistics show that you are more than three times as likely to be in a serious accident if you drive a truck, than if you drive a car.

This is usually because a truck weighs a lot more than a car, so doesn't stop as quickly, can not be turned away as quickly, usually has less safety features, has smaller crumple zone, and because it sits higher, it is usally easier to roll over (unless it is a hummer).

And contrary to belief, I can say from personal experience that there is usually a lot less leg room in most trucks/SUV's than sedans (and a lot of smaller cars), unless you drive those massive American gas-guzzlers..

Although, people driving thise big RAM's will be quick to tell you that even though it is a V8, it turns off some of the cylinders if they are not needed.
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
Mavus2037.00
Donatello.1098.00