View Single Post
      01-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #41
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

I've read all the pet peeve responses so far on this thread. Back in the day, each and every one of these was a pet peeve of mine too. After being in an accident (other driver's fault) that experts say my wife and I should not have survived, I've taken a different approach and attitude about driving. The kid that almost killed us was 18, impatient, speeding, tailgating, and weaving in and out of traffic just to move up a spot when there was clearly no where to go since there was no space in front to take off. He was simply being an 18-year-old ass hat.

I used to be that kid. I used to get pissed when the guy in front of me was not keeping up with the guy in front of him or pull out of the fast lane. I used to tailgate to get them to move over. After a near-death experience, I've drastically changed my attitude and driving style. Why? I don't want to be that kid that caused an accident that ends in tragedy.

What do I do differently? I leave early so I'm not in a rush. I expect idiot drivers to be idiots and don't worry about it. I leave 2 seconds between me and the car in front of me. I signal all the time. I go with the flow of traffic. If somebody has to be a dick and cut in, I just simply slow down and let them in. I can't describe how much better I feel and how much more relaxing it is. Result: My anxiety issues have reduced significantly and I get to my destination at the same time I would have anyway.
Appreciate 3
No Boost4021.00
Germanauto9704.00
Caduceus342.00