View Single Post
      12-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #7
GrabacrOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I just had the same problem after installing an MMI unit in my car. In fact, I had installed one before and was swapping out for a different brand of MMI and this control panel issue happened for the first time.

It turns out the blue lock connector on the back of the climate/radio panel doesn't seat properly, and there is play in the connection. So when the cable moves, it killed power to the panel. I had to play with the connector a few times to get it to seat properly and there should be no movement in the cable it is done right. After making sure of this, the power to the panel returned and it doesn't shut off even if I jiggle the cable. To see if this is the issue, move the left cable and see if power returns to the panel if you push it in and hold.

To be honest, I am not sure what I was doing incorrectly the first few times I tried to connect it, but finally, I got it to connect firmly. Be careful as there are individual pins that could be damaged if you're not careful.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #578262 as a referral.

F10 535i M-Sport | Gone but not forgotten: G01 X3 xDrive30i M-Sport; F15 X5 xDrive35i; E70 X5 4.8i
Appreciate 1