View Single Post
      10-26-2023, 12:44 PM   #51
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakes1021 View Post
i live near a reasonable straight stretch of toll road in TX and have hit 150 at least once a month when traffic and weather permit. I have hit 165-170 didnt feel that fast closed in on other cars and hit the brakes. younger days 125-130 was a weekend occurance in cars. then 150 or so on bikes bikes are shady one the road. pebbles to the knee cap really hurt, so to bugs.

I got pulled over once on the bike though for sure i was going to jail. cop asked if i thought (the 202 PHX AZ) was my personal race track told me i would die from the wreck Id die from the other cars running me over, get a new rear tires, slow down and have a nice day. not is such nice words but that was the gist.
I'm on that toll road quite often if I'm heading from San Antonio up to see family in Lockhart. It's a real gem and I can pretty much cruise at 105 mph without much fear of enforcement. But if we ever keep going up to Austin I definitely coast down on approach to Travis County. I've been hit with Lidar almost everytime I've entered the county line.