View Single Post
      09-11-2023, 01:53 PM   #60
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I have Prime and if the price keeps going up, I'd also have to consider whether to keep paying for it.

But the free and promised delivery windows is the main draw for me. I count on that delivery window to be fairly accurate as I have items shipped to my vacation home where there is no sales tax. The savings with that added up over the year is pretty significant. But as others have noted, Amazon has missed their promised delivery window on a number of occasions to my vacation home. So now I add a day cushion which has pretty much taken into account any possible delays. The interesting thing is lately the deliveries have been on time.

Whether I get this treatment or not if I am a Prime member, it's definitely appreciated. I ordered an Eotech 512 reflex optic from Amazon as an open box to save some money. I receive the package and it's empty. I pretty much $hit my pants and was very upset. Immediately contacted Amazon and they refunded my money in full.

Another situation which I have to laugh about a little. I got on chat with them over a coupon code that wouldn't work for a Fire TV stick. Rep said purchase it and when you take delivery of the item to contact them again so I would be issued a refund for the coupon amount. So I did this and the rep at the time said they're unable to issue a cash refund to my Amazon credit card. Rep asked if it was ok to give me a refund as a gift card. I said ok. As the rep went through the terms of the refund, I caught where the gift card refund would only work for products bought directly from Amazon and not from retailers using Amazon to fulfill their orders. I pitched a fit about this. Rep then relented and said he's issuing a full refund for the Fire TV stick, I am able to keep it, and that I would still get the $20 credit for purchases directly from Amazon.
Appreciate 0