Thread: C8 Z06......Wow
View Single Post
      12-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #305
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Kids are tough, I always wanted them but was absolutely blind sided as to how much work they would be and I married a woman who struggled immensely with the responsibility. To clarify, dedicated mother but was/is constantly overwhelmed.

Now they are 10 and 6, the fun has began. They are both proper rev heads, we hit baseballs, we rent cars off turo for the weekend, we ride bikes, we rent ski doos etc. It's a great age window for now anyways. But 0 to 4 is a fucking slog.

People want to show you their kids because they put so much time into it, same as you showing pictures of your car. Have a little patience unless you're being asked to baby sit against your will or whatever.

As for cars and "i'd have XYZ if not for kids", not sure how that i snot legit. We have dropped nearly $250K on child care alone, just child care, so two kids, i reakon so far they have cost what....i dunno .... must be nudging $400K no?

That buys some nice wheels.

It also affects your purchases, even "cool" ones. I need at least 2+2, even for a sports car, i cannot do a corvette or a F Type, i can't drive off and leave one kid behind can i.
Appreciate 0