View Single Post
      10-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #4578
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Joekerr, your two posts are in opposition to each other. In your second post the CMA says vaccines lessen symptoms & spread, but your first post says there is no difference.

"Fully vaccinated people are at a lower risk of becoming infected than unvaccinated people, but it can occasionally happen. This is called a breakthrough infection. If you do get a breakthrough infection, though, you are much less likely than an unvaccinated person to get sick enough to need to go to the hospital. This is because the vaccine helps your body to recognize the virus and develop antibodies to fight it."

We've been through this!!
(& then you wonder why I show little patience with you....)
No, my first post said that vaccinated people can still contract and spread COVID and the vaccine does not prevent this from happening.

I never said the vaccine didn't make a difference, of course it does, it is supposed to lessen the symptoms such that you don't need to be hospitalized.

But if we both agree then (even though you said I was wrong) that you can contract and spread covid while vaccinated, then my point was - what greater harm is an unvaccinated first responder doing to another human over a vaccinated first responder, if both can spread covid.

Perhaps the vaccinated one (if either contracted covid at all in the first place which is an IF, not a guarantee) would have a shorter time that they were spreading, but still spreading just the same. And frankly, those times could even be similar, I don't know, because perhaps by the time the vaccinated one is finished spreading, that might coincide with the onset of symptoms in the unvaccinated one where they would quarantine anyways. Who knows.

And that is sort of the point - not enough is known about either the virus, or the vaccine, nor the long term effects of either. So perhaps you could be a little more lenient when it comes to people's right to choose whether to get the vaccine or not. Since I see very little argument for the fact that they are causing greater harm than the vaccinated person.

But go ahead, change my mind. Show me the significantly greater harm.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50