Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
So, the CSL thread inspired me to get off my ass and finish this project. I changed to this sub:

Which only weights 4 lbs.

To get it to fit into the stealthbox housing, I had to grind ~.5cm of metal off the outside of the speaker, ~.5cm of material off the inside of the stealthbox, and make new mounting holes inside the stealthbox, but it all worked out.

Amazingly, it actually make more bass than my previous setup :clueless:

Expected this to be a 1 hour project, ended up being more like a 6 hour project. Still, car is lighter, so I can't complain!

Got my 3rd OEM CSL piece. Yet another that nobody will ever see/realize isn't stock :roll:

Looks strangely like a flute :hmm:

Oh happy day. Back in CSL airbox sound bliss

The Evolve build quality is ABSURDLY better than the VAC box. This thing feels stiffer than stock and may even fit better than the stock plastic box. Everything is just flawless. I am so very, very pleased arrot:

Seeing how the CSL vacuum rail is going to mount up. I'm SO excited to get rid of that ugly eye sore sensor they added mid 2005 on top of the engine!

Everything must come off!

Box in place....

Ducting on....

Still to go...

CSL "BMW M Power" Sticker needs to be installed.

Wire up a harness from the MAP sensor to the ECU.

enable CSL cluster oil level display using NCS expert.

Get ecu back with CSL software loaded on it, pull stock CSL file, send to evolve.

Get back modified CSL file, flash onto car. Data log, send results to evolve, get retune.

Rinse, cycle repeat until data log based tuning is optimized

take to dyno, dyno tune.

arrot: arrot: arrot:

So excited to be back in airbox! And it feels sooooooo much better made than the last one.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0