Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Day 1.

My car is looking really old compared to this pic

My splitters were already in bad shape after seven years of use, but a racoon recently finished one off. So, replaced at last!

In 2-3 weeks, should have some free time to do the Besian stuff. Super excited!

I also learned how to make stuff out of carbon fiber recently. What an enormous pain in the ass. I had all sorts of projects I was contemplating doing, but having done it once... not sure I'll ever be able to get motivated to do it again. Ug ug ug :banghead:

Valve train looking healthy at 135,000 miles. Today is besian vanos fix install day!

Couple panorama shots from bimmerfest this weekend. LOTS of cars!

And, this amused me. Everyone ignoring an MP4-12C because there was a TMS e92 M3 next to it.

Had a couple projects I took care of yesterday.

First up, replaced the fuel pump regulator. Nicely resolved a starting issue I was having (engine took extra cranks before starting up).

Next, found a hole in my chassis that the JVT headers had made, long ago when I had them. So, ground that down with the angle grinder, prepped it, POR-15ed it, and put new chassis coat on. Forgot to take an after pic :roll:. Should be locked down from rust again, though...

Next up, did vibratech engine mounts. Huge difference, way more than I expected. Entire front end of the car feels much more planted, and no noticeable NHV increase vs my 38,000 mile e9X M3 engine mounts. I'm very pleased with how these came out!

I went to also do the vibratech trans brace/mounts...

But sadly they don't clear the SS V1 stepped catted section 1:

SS v1 section 1 vs vibratech trans mount - YouTube

So... that came back out. Hoping vibratech makes a version that does clear, and every better if they make it in aluminum for extra lightness!

For now, however, I'll remain with the stock brace with RE mounts.

I went to a test drive event at my BMW dealer yesterday to drive all sorts of different cars (new BMWs and their competitors).

While I was there, I hoped in the show room to grab a bottle of water and some cookies. I overheard three different people ask the sales people how much my car cost, didn't hear anyone ask about the cars they were actually trying to sell.

Test drove some modern BMWs, disliked them all, left.

Stopped at the post office to mail some packages. Came out and two people were taking pictures of my car.

Solid day. Modern BMW. :facepalm:

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0