Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Picked this up because it may not exist in the future.

Not sure if/when I'll ever use it. My general plan at the moment is to pick up pieces I see used for cheaper than they should be, and if I ever get a complete setup, install :roll:

I'm going to get laughed at for this one, and rightfully so...

... however:

Video fixed.

Meant to make it unlisted, not private.

Here's the video. Video makes it seem louder in the cabin than it really is-- in real life it's quieter now than it was with the stock muffler.
(which is not to say quieter than stock-- the headers and section 2 made the car louder with the stock muffler on it).

Zero drone, not alloying ever, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for (other than lacking an evolve or OEM CSL airbox). What I like most about it is that it doesn't sound like "muffler sound", if you know what i mean. Pretty certain I won't be changing exhaust setups again!

Better video to come! I'm not really that pleased with how it came out. It's super dark out and no street lights around, so most of the video is blackness. I'll upload it and post it here, but going to leave it marked as unlisted so it won't spread overly much.

I'll make another in a month or so with both daytime footage and sounds from the dyno included

YouTube

Being a Michelin fanboy, got these for the fiancé's car. Really excited to see how they perform, but waiting till snow is in the forecast to swap out the old snow tires for these (they don't have that little tread, just little enough that they won't work well in serious snow anymore).

Just got back from a 1500 mile 4 day road trip, focusing on good driving roads every day. Also met a forum member on the way home to trade back seats to a non ski sack one (lighter, exact weight difference to follow).

Car got seriously dirty on some mud/ice/slush mountain roads in vt this am

RI:

Vt:

I may be uploading some video in the coming days depending on how they came out...

One of the best roads I've had the chance to drive, - YouTube

Editing was to take out conversation and places I slowed down (residential). Never came up behind another car.

Had to go slowish as I was on snow tires, and it had just warmed up to 32º.

Not overly exciting, just onboard footage at realtime speed. Does need sound, though, imo. I probably should have turned my music off for this portion...

Last VAC piece off my car and OEM lightness installed

Finally found a BMW part I've been looking for for years: fabric wire wrapping tape

Part number:

This winter I ran the Bridgestone LM-60s on my car for ~2 month. I absolutely despised them-- squirrely under braking, squirrely under durning (you could literally feel the tread blocking rolling over), no grip under acceleration, constant DSC interruption. I disliked them to the extent that, for the first time in my life, I replaced a set of tires before they were worn out (actually, that turned out to not be true-- I though I was replacing them before they were worn out, but it turned out I wore through the rear tires in 2 months without turning DSC off :roll.

Anyway, on to the PA4s: they are EXACTLY what I wanted in a winter tire. Imagine a winter version of the PSS-- that's them.

Grippy (dry), good braking, good wet/hydroplaning resistance, not at all annoying! Not super light (then again, neither are my winter wheels), but they make the car enjoyable to drive again.

If you're looking for a winter performance tire, I can't recommend them highly enough.

That said, I'm sure they're not going to be spectacular in the snow. Certainly nowhere near as good as a non performance winter. That said... in the one snow we've had so far, they performed better than any performance snow I've had before.

I could not be happier with them. Highly recommended!

Oh, downside: they don't (at least not yet) come in stock sizing. I went with 235 front 245 rear.

Edit:

Michelin Pilot Aplin PA4 - Co developed with Porsche - YouTube

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0