View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 04:41 AM   #93
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
I drive my 67 Vette regularly, and while the freshly rebuilt Muncie 4-speed has its moments of joy and nostalgia, a good auto would be faster, smoother, and frankly a better all around ride. That’s why more and more vintage rides are being converted to restomods and commanding exponentially more money than many original or restored classic cars.

For a modern daily driver... the MT is a dinosaur and soon to be just as extinct.
Sounds to me like you should trade up to a C8 since you want something “faster, smoother, and a frankly all around better ride”. Those moments of nostalgia and joy you mentioned in your 67 would be the sole reason to own and drive a 53 year old car regularly.

The reason people do restomods for plenty of reasons, not just because they hate their 4 speeds lol. They want better performance... drum brakes suck, new fuel injected engines make better power, modern suspension handles and rides better, new parts are more reliable, etc. It’s pretty clear restomods are not just born because people want to make the car an automatic. Maybe you noticed there’s plenty of resto mods with modern 6 speeds.

If your baseline is a 53 year old manual then of course it’s not great. The only way to make it fair you should be comparing that to a 53 year old 3 speed automatic. I don’t see anyone loving those! Maybe we should compare a modern flat screen to an old black and white TV too lol

I drove a cayman GT4 last year and it was amazing as a manual. Of course it wasn’t 53 year old iron.

Last edited by Biginboca; 10-09-2020 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
kaputt684.50
nicholasn261.00