11-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #8
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Also, are you really comparing like with like?

The Q4 is in the same luxury category as the iX3. With the Q4, the only models that hit the 500km quoted range are the 35 or 40 models. And they are much lower performance than the iX3. The Q4 e-tron 50 has a similar performance to the iX3. It's WLTP range is only 5% higher than the iX3, but the real world range on ev-database is showing the same.

As I mentioned in my other post, the Tesla is very different. And would probably appeal less to an iX3 buyer. Build quality has been said to be questionable.

Nothing in the ID4 range comes close to the iX3 on either build quality or performance. The extra weight from the better build quality will affect range, as will the more powerful motors.

And with the Skodas, they are on a par for quality with VW in my opinion; good but not up there with BMW and Audi. Although they have the performance and range. They are not as well equipped as the iX3. When I added similar options to the iX3 on the Skoda website, the price jumped from £43k to £53k!

The question is what are you looking for in a car.

I have owned some nice cars over the years. Two days into ownership of my iX3, it is up there with the best; a proper luxury motor with all the features. Certainly streets ahead of the Fords and VWs that I have owned in the past, and on a par with the Porsche and Audi! I've not been a BMW admirer in the past - but this is probably the best car I have owned.
Agreed, just done my first CCS charge to test it out, was at 37% soc, and had driven 162miles, so if you extrapolate that out there's about another 90ish miles range left so 240-250 is possible fairly simply I'd think with some careful driving and even as I have been (remember as soc goes down, so does voltage and ampage in the cell pack so not as efficient) I'd recon 220ish would be easy, 10% soc left.
Appreciate 0