View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #1603
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
The machine is mine because I was using it. It's that simple. when i'm done lifting, someone else can take it.
Hadn't I been using it before you did? You either are using it or not. I suppose.

Quote:
I methodically place my gear on equipment to let people know that it was placed there intentionally, and it's still being in use. If someone doesn't want to respect that, I will play that game all day with them.
That's so smart! I wouldn't, really.

Quote:
So, I should keep my weight training gear like my belt, shoes, or straps, and my water bottle in the locker room? then why the hell did i bring them if im not going to use them? or should place them in my locker after every set since im "technically" not using them in between?
You can place them in a bag, on the floor, wherever else you choose provided they'll be no obstacle to others. Take them with you when you move.

I had somebody's cap hanging on a side of a horizontal bar a few days in a row. It didn't really bother me. I do suppose someone just discarded it at last but I don't really care.

Quote:
I dont think you understand why some people intentionally leave their stuff on equipment. normal people actually have to piss and hydrate, so they may leave for a bit. how is leaving your stuff on a equipment while you're gone briefly any different than using your own body as a place holder on equipment to let people know that it's still being used?
Now you seem to discover why you actually bring that stuff. But never mind. You can leave for the longest bit, say, forever. Do a favour. Just take your belongings with you, please. Don't make others bothered with your pissing and hydration: that might distract them from their own needs of the kind as well.

Quote:
Just because someone is on the equipment does not mean its "being used." If that's the case, would you consider a person sitting a bench facebooking for 30 minutes while not lifting, actually using the bench still?
This is where you are damn right at last! I do appreciate I don't have to explain even that.

Quote:
please explain to us the proper etiquette for the use of gym equipment.
That's so simple: don't occupy it any longer than you need to exercise. Take your time to piss, drink, rest, phone... Not others' time.

Quote:
Legally, when is the machine ever anyone's machine? It's a matter of courtesy. So would it be okay to quickly snatch someone's machine because they dropped their towel and went to grab it? If they weren't on the machine for that brief moment while picking up their towel, they're not "using" it, so it would be ok to take their machine, right?
Wat?

Quote:
Yes, its true that in between sets, you're not really using the equipment anyways. So if you were in the gym on the squat rack or bench press, would you be ok with 4 of my friends and I getting in a set in between?
Only 4? I'd have to see them to decide. Seriously, 4 or 40 - never mind. When I take a break you can use it. I don't think I can make you all wait. Just sign me in (not your friends, you might have too many already, the queue for the rack/bench) too.

Quote:
we're not dogs here pissing on equipment to mark them as our own lol
That would be perfect, but why do you then?

Quote:
that's not how it works. People like me leave my stuff on a equipment to let other people know it's still in use while I'm getting water, or using the bathroom in between sets. I don't see how that is disrespectful.
Well. You must train differently in America... I see it disrespectful to make me wait while you're in the bathroom because it's not the bathroom I need. It's the equipment I think I could use meanwhile. Say, would I have to follow you to the bathroom to assure you make it fast? I wouldn't want to, somehow. Do you really take your sets so seriously you can't mix them with somebody's? That looks ridiculous. What if the bathroom is occupied?
Appreciate 0