12-08-2023, 04:12 PM   #19
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
She turned a bag of lemons into tasty lemonade. The woman is a force of nature – nothing was ever going to stop her. She hardly broke stride.

As for her conviction, I always saw her as the poster child for the Dot Com meltdown. Someone had to be the face of market crash, and the media elected Stewart. Much ado about almost nothing is what I thought at the time.

Don't forget that if the FBI asks you the direction the sun comes up every morning and you fail to answer 'East', you've (technically) got a problem. Yes, that's an exaggeration, but you DO NOT want to be interviewed by the FBI without your lawyer present.
For someone who is supposedly intelligent and has all these resources at her disposal, I was surprised she screwed up so badly just to save a few (for her) peanuts. Good on her for trying to make the best of it but she will never be at her max since she's now a former convict.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0