View Single Post
      08-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #356
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Walmart and Nordstroms don't make clothes. Ford does make trucks and a shitload of people buy them and repeat buy them. Now you're just nit picking.

A quote from a Bronco forum member regarding the rear seat AC. This from his "One Week in" review of his new 4-door Big Bend:

"The lack of rear vents hasn't been an issue for us, though I'm sure the kids miss having their own climate controls like they had in my Flex and have in our Explorer. The complaints here (i.e. from the Bronco Forum) seem to be loud enough that I can't imagine Ford not addressing it."

His initial impression:

"First of all, this thing is every bit as smooth and drivable on-road as my Flex or my wife's Explorer. It tracks straight and smooth with none of the wallowing or skittering you see with other off-road vehicles. The suspension and "big" tires (non-squatch here) swallow up fairly significant imperfections in the road, even at speed. It's engaging and quite responsive, with good feedback both from underneath in the straits and in the wheel during turns. The turning radius seems a lot tighter than the wide, flat hood would lead on from the driver's seat.

When you put your foot in it, the 2.3L will go. This does NOT feel like some wheezy punishment of a base engine. I doubt any of you selecting the 2.7L will be disappointed, but the 2.3 is beyond adequate. I'm averaging 21 mpg in mostly around town and back country road driving."

So none of that quoted seems to indicate the new Bronco is some POS American manufacturer product that needs a few years of further development time to work the bugs out.

Time will tell, though.
Wow, it tracks straight? What a high bar to set for a brand new car. I'd like to see him say the same things after smashing some trails because that would hold a lot more weight.

I'm not discounting anything from the guy you quoted I just don't think it's got much substance to it. His reported MPG is good for a truck that size, I'll give it that. It looks nice for a Ford and a dogleg 7MT is cool (IIRC you can't order the manual with the bigger engine though?).
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0