12-08-2020, 09:59 AM   #69
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Swift View Post
My god, that thing is ugly! I had to go see it in person. I actually think it's way worse in person. It just looks ungainly from every angel. It's extremely rare for a new version of a car to be released that doesn't immediately make the prior version look dated. But my 435 M-sport is just elegant, modern, and gorgeous and looks even more so now. It's not just the new grill that is an abomination; it's the whole car. The profile looks like a castrated Mustang. The lack of the Hofmeister Kink makes the rear quarter look like a Honda. The soft curves on the upper doors and fenders make it look really wimpy too. And the crease at the bottom of the door is completely misplaced. I like the headlights and the tail lights, but that's about it. I expect there to be huge discounts on the new 4. The design is just a complete disaster...What a shame...I think the value of my 435 just went up, not that I'm selling it...
Agreed. Not only is the old version not dated compared to the new, it looks a whole lot better. Judge yourself, here's the F80 vs. G80 (white on road view similar angle):

Appreciate 3
stein_325i25051.00
NickyC17338.50
Germanauto9665.50