View Single Post
      05-04-2014, 03:39 AM   #3
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Update:

The Injectors were professionally cleaned from a local shop and they reported them being very dirty. Now the misfire is still there but appears much later. Still showing 0 on misfire counter on GT1.

Any way we decided to go ahead with the VANOS rebuild to see if that would help. The Vanos unit was pretty Dirty so Got it looking all new with a lot of cleaning and BEISAN parts. We will also do a valve adjustment at the same time just to check as I did one only a little while back. I'll post up the findings later on today....

Starting to open up valve cover and preparing for vanos Removal....

Helps having the Right tools and an experienced Tech + BMW Master tech teaching you stuff LOL...

AC Belt needs changing (bad pic)....

Setting TDC etc...

Valve Cover from the Inside, Needs a clean but not bad at all....

Out You come....

Looking Dirty.....

BEISAN Parts Ready to be installed....

ALLAN (master tech) and Gerald (My tech, hes the only one along with Allan to work on my car, most times).....The Guys starting to disassemble the Vanos...

Filthy!

Time for the Oil Disk to Come out....

OEM on the left and OEM Modded by BEISAN with smaller holes on the right..... Look at the markings on the OEM one.

Misc Vanos Parts after disassembly...

Cutting out the old O Rings and they are going to be replaced with BEISAN items....

Cleaning the Vanos System and parts....

New Diaphragms etc. installed on Hubs....

Dirty Vanos Filter...Replaced with OEM new Filter and BEISAN O-Rings....

All Vanos Bolts replaced with new redesigned ones from BMW. Didnt feel like paying a lot more for the Turbotoy ones....

BEISAN Modified and upgraded Solenoid Unit...

Solenoid Valve Body cleaned uysing brake cleaner and Magnets...

Putting the VANOS unit back together after replacing all seals and O-Rings with BEISAN ones....

BEISAN Anti Rattle Kit installed and hubs installed back on car....

Old Plastic Chain Guide. Not as bad as some of the others on the forum but me car only has 64000kms on the clock.... You can still see the wear marks, which arent abnormal....

New Plastic Chain Guide Installed.....

Installing the Vanos, Doing timing and Adjusting vanos etc all done by Allan while I took photos and learned more about VANOS.....

You can see in the pic the exhaust tabs inserted into the newly drilled BEISAN OIL PUMP disc smaller holes.......

Almost Done...

All Done...

More pics to come later on tonight.....
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0