Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
ALUMINUM BMW PEDAL KIT install repost

ref: http://www.my330i.com/mod5.php

ALUMINUM BMW PEDAL KIT
Completed 8/29/2001

DESCRIPTION
Install aluminum BMW pedals in manual transmission 330i.
PARTS NEEDED
1 - Aluminum BMW Pedal Kit
(CHAPMAN BMW $60 part #35 00 0 006 949)

TOOLS NEEDED
Safety Glasses
Power Drill
5/32" Drill Bit
#15 Torx driver
7mm Nut Driver or Wrench
Needle Nose Pliers

INSTALLATION
This modifcation seems pretty straight forward, but was really a pain in the ass. Also, since this kit was originally for a 323/328, it includes an accelerator pedal. Apparently, you removed the existing 323/328 accelerator pedal and, after attaching the aluminum pedal to the new one, snapped it in. You cannot remove the 330's accelerator pedal, so you won't need this extra part. Let's get started:

1. Remove the rubber pads from the clutch and brake pedal (just pull them off). You will notice that the brake pedal is metal, but the clutch and accelerator are plastic (Photo B).

2. The kit comes with paper templates, I chose not to use them. You can cut them out and tape them to the pedals to make installation easier I imagine. Using the paper template or the rubber pedal inserts as a guide, use the power drill with the 5/32" bit to drill the 4 holes through the clutch pedal.

3. Mate the rubber inserts and the aluminum pedal together for the clutch and attach using the supplied #15 Torx bolts and 7mm nuts. It might come in handy to use a 7mm nut driver or wrench to hold the nuts in place while you tighten the Torx bolts. Don't be afraid to tighten them good (Photo C).

4. Move on to the brake pedal. This one is the pain in the ass. Where the plastic pedals are a little forgiving in the exact placement of the holes, the metal brake pedal will not be. You MUST get the holes in the exact locations the first time. Boring the holes out or drilling new ones is not something you want to do (Photo D). Be sure to wear safety glasses here, a broken drill bit in the eye is not fun either.

5. Attach the aluminum brake pedal tight as well. That is the last pedal you want coming off when you need it the most. When done, move on to the accelerator.

6. At first, the accelerator looks too thick for the supplied bolts, but they are just long enough. Drill the holes using a template and attach the aluminum pedal. Here, I used the needle nose pliers to hold the nuts while I tightened the bolts.

7. Take your car for a spin, you will feel how much more grip these new aluminum pedals have (Photo E).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0