Drives: X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ditate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLepre View Post
How will this work, will there be an XM and an X8 for non M model? I would like to get the equivalent of the X5 45e, will this be the XM 45e or X8 since it's a non M model.
On the i4 it was reported they are no longer differentiating between "m sport" and "M" cars. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens here, since this vehicle is supposed to be unique to the M division. All XMs would be M cars.

BMWblog hinted that they won't follow the normal "45e" naming structure and the different engines will have actual names. They were at least correct in saying this would be called "XM" and not an X8 or X8M earlier this summer.
You're mixing up "M-Sport" and "M-Performance." You can get an 330i with an M-Sport Package, they're saying the M340i and M3 are both M cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ditate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLepre View Post
How will this work, will there be an XM and an X8 for non M model? I would like to get the equivalent of the X5 45e, will this be the XM 45e or X8 since it's a non M model.
On the i4 it was reported they are no longer differentiating between "m sport" and "M" cars. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens here, since this vehicle is supposed to be unique to the M division. All XMs would be M cars.

BMWblog hinted that they won't follow the normal "45e" naming structure and the different engines will have actual names. They were at least correct in saying this would be called "XM" and not an X8 or X8M earlier this summer.
You're mixing up "M-Sport" and "M-Performance." You can get an 330i with an M-Sport Package, they're saying the M340i and M3 are both M cars.
My question is how they will differentiate XM models. XM M (true M car), XM 45e? And XM M550i. Will the M model be the XM M?