View Single Post
      02-26-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Not sure how you went from minivans to M3's but I'm gonna assume what you are looking for is an SUV/Wagon for daily driving needs as well as decent reliability and features. A little unsure of size as you go from 3-series to 4Runner to Minivan, but I'll assume you are looking for Compact to Mid-Size.

I think the 4Runner is too much overlap with the LC plus buying a new or slightly used 4Runner is pretty much buying a 15-year old car.

My recommendations:

New Rav4/Highlander - Gas, Hybrid, or PHEV new Rav4 and Highlander is really nice. It won't excite you but it also will be dead reliable, and give you piece of mind.

New Mazda CX-5/9 - Some of the best vehicles on sale are from Mazda. Premium interiors, athletic handling and feel, as well as great reliability and decent resale, recently named the #1 Brand in reliability as well as overall brand by CR.

Used Lexus - Piece of mind with some luxury, terrible infotainment though.

If you are willing to take some reliability risks, the S212 E-Class Wagon is the best wagon for the job. Incredibly spacious and practical while still very luxurious, but it is German, so expect expensive maintenance compared to the Japanese.
Appreciate 1