sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Here's mine! Just finished it last year. Love it and lots of little things that make it a great working garage.
Absolutely love this, and love the combo of cars you have. I've got a 4 bay garage that the previous home owner built himself, but I would have loved to have one that is an open space like yours. My garage is 1100 sq ft, but it's very partitioned.

So you mentioned you stack the cars so you can have space for the other stuff, but did you at all consider a 2 post? My ceiling is only 9 ft tall, so unfortunately I might just have to settle for a quick jack.

Keep the pics coming guys, these are easily my favorite type of threads!
I did consider a two post, but went four for a few reasons

- I can move the lift around if needed and it's not attached to the floor. I did pour the floor thick so I can do two post later though if I want to.

- storing the car for really extended periods with the suspension extended isn't great, so this resolves that.

- you can't see it in the photos but the lift is equipped with sliding jacks so I can lift the car off the deck to do suspension work while it is up on the lift.

So far I haven't found any drawback to this arrangement given the space I have and the work I do.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 2
CSBM52756.00
robertm449.50