01-21-2021, 11:26 AM   #46
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
What other competitor to this car is there apart from the Model S? If you want to pick the easy stuff, the quality of cars are different planets apart. The Porsche also drives like a Porsche should all things considered, it was very impressive.

However... I didn't find it $130k impressive, which was what the 4S I test drove cost. IMO, an electric is only to add to fun cars, as it cannot match it. I view it as an appliance, and in that regards, $1900 a month for a "commuter" car is ridiculous. There are so many advantages of an electric cars for every day use though.

P.S. I find a used i3S very compelling at around $20k btw. But obviously, this is not as a replacement for an M.
He said it is VERY different than the competitors so I asked him what the competitors are that he drove and how they are different. You now say the interior is better than the S and it drives like a Porsche which doesn't say a lot considering it is a 5000+ lb electric sedan and the first EV Porsche.

I also will consider an electric for one of our 2 commuter cars but also look at it more like an appliance and won't consider one anywhere close to $100k. Mainly because the powerplant characteristics are pretty much the same on a $100k one and a $30k one, it's silent and most of the time has no transmission.