PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Here's a random AWD comparison, what about B8 RS5 and save $40k? That V8 is a peach and I think it looks better than G8x. It will certainly be slower and not a great track car but still fun to drive with that 8300 rpm redline. I guess it doesn't really fit the family hauler model but can do it better than a 911.
I would advice caution in buying an older car than your current M2. Yes the Audi has AWD but it will feel extremely dated vs the M2. Time is ruthless to cars even those who were favorites in their time. I'm even hesitant to recommend a 991 of this reason. Mechanically fantastic but it already feel dated in the cabin. Look forward not backwards when buying cars unless it's true GOATS like high powered air cooled 911 models. They will cost more than 992 equivalents though...
When I was thinking of replacing my Q5 TDI, I actually did test drive 3 Macans, a base 4cyl and around 8 months later a sport edition (4cyl, air suspension, sport Chrono, sport ex.) and then a Macan S with steel suspension.

I finally ended up investing a couple thousands in the Q5 to make it good as new and honestly it's been the best daily I owned as of now.

As for Macans, strangely the sport edition felt the best to me, probably due to the light weight, it felt agile and light on its feel for an SUV. The S felt nose heavy like my TDI but in a good way like a nice cruiser, engine wise I think the V6 Macans feel slow because Porsche tunes them to feel like non-turbo engines. As the 4 popper well it felt like a good VAG group 4 cyl wich are amongst the best of there kind. That Sport Edition with its good fuel economy would be a perfect daily replacement but I don't really see it as a track day thing.

I test drove a X3 M40i and altrought it did everything well it just did not inspire me much, and I would not want anything stiffer than this in an SUV.. My BMW vendor tried to sway me to a X4M but all I read and ear in reviews is its overly stiff for no good reason.

I am also kind of tired to drive cars that you have to be going 3x the speed limit to feel anything, sometimes I just lust over Evoras but winters crush my vision..
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0