Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Obioban's 2005 IR/IR e46 M3

Making this journal after owning the car for 9 years, so it's going to roll pretty quickly.

My goal is <e36 M3 weight with >e9X M3 power with no compromise to reliability (so no FI), civility (so no gutting or loud/light exhaust) or practicality (so no back seat removal).

Some threads I made along the way:

Intravee thread-- The intravee is one of the greatest and least appreciated mods for the car. It enables all kinds of things you'd never be able to do without it, well in excess of simple iPod control. But, it's also the best option on the market for that!

Programable option thread-- all free, tailor the car as you want it.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=439897-- CSL features that didn't make it to production

e46 m3 tire sizing thread-- optimal wheel fitments and what tires you can fit on them. From a fuction > form perspective.

Castrol 10W-60 TWS-- all the back story and information I could gather.

e46 M3 maintenance thread-- everything about running the car as cheaply as possible in the long run, as well as keeping it driving like new.

My journal-- this thread

CSL SMG software-- faster shifts, better rev matching, CSL launch control

My stereo setup-- highly irregular-- focused on making the car lighter, improving the COG, and usable trunk space... while still making it sound better than stock HK

RG-63 pictures thread-- I'm particularly fond of these wheels as I got to choose the design, color options, sizes, offsets, and flange used for construction. The sizing is optimal for our car, they're super strong and very light! And, imho, they look great

Free/cheap mod thread

BMW fabric wire wrap tape found!

CSL cabin air filter housing-- 3 lbs lighter than stock

e46 automatic climate control-- guide to the most misunderstood and under appreciated system on our cars.

V1 remote display in instrument cluster-- I didn't make this thread, but people are always asking me about it and I added a bunch of pics to it :roll:

e46 suspension options compared

Results from evolve dyno tuning-- e46 M3, e39 M5, e60 M5, with video

Free bluetooth voice control

TFX retrofit review-- one of my favorite mods I've done to the car

Track car journal

e46 fuel efficiency-- by speed and techniques for improving yours.

M3 sales numbers by generation

Video DIY guides for e46 M3 suspension installs

SS stepped header review and ebay header regret

Proper rear view mirror aiming... which nobody does.

Different wheel/tire setups I've had over time

How to properly drive stick

Dirtiest car contest

Video I made of the last track event I did in the e46

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 1
IamFODI365.50