Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Misc updates...
I received the SS street muffler with the race tips, and put it on. It's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Same volume as stock (maybe a tiny bit louder), but with much better tone and much better looking tips. My car felt a bit slower when i took the Scorza off and feels a bit faster with this on... idk if it's placebo or not, but either way I'm extremely happy.

BM53 just arrived in merry old england today, so I'm getting lots of time to pay attention to exhaust tone alone. :roll: Looking forward to getting that back. Interestingly the e39 retains bluetooth speakerphone functionality without the BM53 whereas the e46 does not. Must be a DSP thing.

I'll be getting dyno tuned by Evolve before the new year. I'm pretty excited. Before I do so, doing a couple of tweaks to my stock airbox:
1) adding an AIT sensor, separate from the MAF, in a non heat soak prone area (and having the car retuned by evolve to expect the new values)
2) adding some gutter to my intake duct to ram cold air up there at speed
3) Bimmerworld elbow.

Plus the V1 stepped headers. Once all the hardware is on, plan to give the car a couple of weeks to adapt. Then, off to the dyno for tuning.

I'd like to hit ~310-320 rwhp on a dynojet. That will be it for power for me until it's engine rebuild time.

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd put it here too...

I used leatherique for the first 6 years I owned the car and tried gliptone this year. I wasn't at all happy with the results, so I'm going back to leatherique.

Leatherique leaves it soft, supple, and matte. Gliptone left it matte, but feels dried out to me.

Don't like the results, regardless of what supposedly should or should not be used.

And, really, Cleveland is the reason people were using leatheique to start with... and he wasn't one to give advice without knowing what he was talking about!

I will say that Gliptone was a much easier process to do.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0