Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5

Garage List
2001 BMW E39 M5  [0.00]
2001 BMW E46 M3  [0.00]
My M3 Story - LSB on LSB E46 M3

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey everyone, my name is Trevor Jones from BC Canada and I just wanted to share my M3 story... It is long but pretty cool.

It all started back before I was born, my Mom and Dad were living in Edmonton Alberta at the time and they hadn't even met yet. My Dad was getting successful in his business and bought an 89' 535i brand new, the sales person that sold it to him was his roommate and long time best friend. Shortly after that, my Mom at the time was becoming successful herself and bought a brand new 325is 5 speed. Long story short here, the salesman that sold my Mom her car ended up being my Dad's best friend, he introduced them together and in July on 1998 I was born.

My Dad got rid of the 89' 5 series and bought a 98' 540i 6mt which came back as a lease return at the time. I remember that car growing up, and was hooked on BMW from that point on. When I was 9 years old a new shop opened in our area and the owner was a big BMW nut. My parents thought they would try his shop out and it turns out the owner was rebuilding and modifying a E39 M5. I was 9 years old, I didn't even know what an M car was. The owner said "Trevor, when this car is finished I am going to take you for the ride of you're life". About 3 months later I was at home from school and that faithful sound of an S62 was coming down our driveway. He took me for a ride that I will never forget.

I ended up working at that same shop and that same M5 was there, it was the coolest summer job ever being around all these exotic cars. I just got my license too. Now I knew the M5 variant of the 5 series, but I wasn't near as in love with the E46 M3 as I was with the M5, until one of the technicians rolled in one day with a Carbon Black on Mcloth E46 M3 coupe and that day I fell in love with another M car all over again.

Moving on to 2017, I always wanted to work at a BMW dealership, and being younger and in college first year I started from the bottom and worked in detail at our local BMW facility. Since working at that last shop my mind was always on M cars. My parents didn't know much about them only about the normal "5 series" and that kind of a thing. I convinced my Dad into buying a Sakhir Orange modified F10 M5 and thats when our first M car came into the family. Following that year, my Mom got a 13' E93 M3 6mt, and I got them both hooked on M's.

Fast forward to November of 2019 I got a tip from one of my good buddies that his brother's long time friend has this amazing M3 he doesn't know what to do with. He texted me a picture and it was my dream colour on one of my dream cars. Laguna Seca blue E46 M3 coupe. I went to the guys house that had it, literally out in the backroads off a dirt road where you wouldn't expect to find an M3, and he opened this garage and under the cover there it was... What I didn't know from the exterior picture my friend texted me that I found out in person was this car was a 6 speed with Laguna Seca blue interior..... I go okay, what do you want for this car. Now working in the Sales department at our local BMW facility, I took it in to get inspected. The car only has 107,000km on it, but it has the notorious subframe crack for being pre LCI 2001.

Today I now own my two dream cars I dreamed about when I was in grade school all the way up until the day I stumbled upon them. I now proudly own a 2001 BMW E39 M5, Carbon Black on M Cloth, the same colour combo that I saw when I first fell in love with the E46 M3, as well as a 2001 BMW E46 M3 coupe, LSB on LSB. Currently due to this COVID 19 I am temporarily laid off from BMW but I am working in the sales department around the cars that brought me into this world. I have big plans for the M3, it is going to get the subframe issue addressed within the next month, I have to get new wheels, coilovers are coming soon, as well as a nice exhaust, and I plan on bringing it to as many shows as I can, right along side with my M5. I have met so many like minded people through M cars, amazing people that I never would have known if it wasn't for these cars, huge shoutout to them! Two of my best friends drive E46 M3's and we plan to cruise as much as we can this summer. Shoutout to BMW and the M division for making in my opinion, the coolest, most amazing cars on earth. Attached below are some pics! My instagram is @m5_trev if you guys want to see the process as my M3 goes on. Thanks for letting me share my story!
Attached Images

Appreciate 30
Luminor5131243.00
Matt33839.00
PLF693762.50
chicagofan0018923.00
Poodle64.50
Kingpin4383.00
SMED75.00
M3_Legend350.50
COChris887.50
cehrl7806.00