View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Hello and Question...

Hi everyone -

I'm pretty new to the E46 world and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on a car I was looking at purchasing. My dealer has a 2002 M3 for sale. I called and asked the following questions:

- E46 M3's years 2001 - 2003 were recalled by BMW to have the Rod Bearings replaced due to failure. They replaced them with new forged bearings. Has this recall been done to this one? ANSWER - Yes, recall was completed in 2004.

- These M3's suffered from sub frame cracking if the car was beaten on a lot. Are there any sub frame cracks that the mechanics can see? ANSWER - No issues with sub frame from inspection.

- VANOS systems in these tend to fail prematurely. Any issues with the VANOS for this particular specimen? ANSWER - VANOS is in good condition with no noticeable noise.

Also, front rotors, brakes, and calipers are being replaced along with rear diff seal and head gasket. Car has all service records as well.

Anything I'm missing that you guys can help me out with?

https://www.bmwramsey.com/used/BMW/2...fed67c7b03.htm